Monday 19 January 2009

Adding Soundtrack

In this lesson we had to add a soundtrack to our preliminary film. We chose a menacing piece of music that was fast pace so it suited our film. We also added a fast drum beat to it to create and portray suspense, this drumbeat got slower as the dialogue occurred. The menacing music stopped when the dialogue started, as we did not want it to over power what the characters were saying.
I learnt that choosing the right soundtrack was important as it sets the scene and classifies what genre the piece is. If we picked the wrong soundtrack it would change the whole feel and the over all atmosphere of the produce.
I found adding soundtrack hard, as I got confused when adding it to the film, at first it didn’t tie in properly. This meant that the dialogue was echoed. When I got the hang of making the sound track I corrected what I had done wrong before hand so that the final piece could be perfect.

No comments: